Friday, March 4, 2016

Is This Really My Life?

For months now I have been contemplating a return to blogging.  While pregnant with my twin girls, I had a hard time finding twin specific blogs that I could use a resource (love this one though- PB&J Babes), I like having our house projects documented so I can go back and refer to them, and the idea that with some hard and consistent work I could turn this blog into a business is appealing.  On the other hand, I have two little ladies to protect now and I do not think I have fully flushed out the appropriate mix of family/DIY/recipe/decorating for this blog.  I am hoping that it naturally evolves with time.  Until then, I am going to dip my toes back into blogging and see what comes from it. Maybe it will be my relaxing outlet (or it will serve as yet another excuse as to why I do not have the time to work out).  Only time will tell.

In any case, a lot has happened since my last post and almost daily I feel that I need to pinch myself to confirm that this is in fact my life, and not the life that I have always just dreamed of having.  I will slowly catch you all up in coming weeks, but after an uneventful pregnancy, the girls made quite an eventful entrance into the world seven weeks early.


We have been so lucky in so many ways.  Not only did we overcome infertility, but our premie babies were/are doing wonderfully.  Don't get me wrong, finding out that these babies were coming early, having babies in the NICU for a month, etc, was THE HARDEST thing I/we have ever been through.  We never gave up though and now there isn't a day that goes by that I do not acknowledge that we are so blessed.

I should mention that in the midst of all of this, we decided to take on a major basement addition. Yes, we are the often joked about people who get pregnant and then decide we must in 10 months complete major home upgrades.  The plan didn't quite meet my timeline or anticipated budget, but I am VERY happy to say that it is complete and signed off on by Boulder County.  Another update for another day.

For today though, here we are:

    

Soooooo busy.... Soooo happy...

Again, I look at these pictures and think-  Really?  It just doesn't get any better.

No comments:

Post a Comment