Monday, November 25, 2013

We're Fancy

Before I get to our fancy, schmancy new bathroom ceiling, I wanted to thank you all for your support of our last post.  My phone started blowing up with calls and texts about ten minutes after hitting publish.  It was just what we needed.

Getting back to our bathroom though, I am happy to say that we are done!  If you are just catching up, here is a little recap of our steps:

Part One
Part Two
Part Three

This past weekends final steps were simply finishing off edges with caulk and painting.  First things first, we used painters caulk to finish off the bottom of the quarter round.


Per usual, I taped off the bottom edge of the caulk so we had a nice perfect line.

With that done, it was time to start priming.  We did a single coat of Kilz premium primer so as to add an additional moisture barrier to the ceiling.  Note that every piece we used in this project was pre-primed, but we wanted some extra insurance.

I am happy to say that painting was surprisingly not that bad.  Each coat took us one hour to apply.  I am not so happy to say that I have tons of paint in my hair now though.  Painting inside a skylight when you have a bushy ponytail is rough...


On Sunday, we went back and applied a single coat of high gloss white paint (the same one that I use for all trim in our house) and just like that, the ceiling was done!



I am so thrilled with the results.  Talk about an upgrade!  So now we are once again done with our guest bathroom (until I think up another project...).

No comments:

Post a Comment