Monday, October 14, 2013

Omaha

The weekend before last, Eric and I took some time off of bathroom work and flew out to Omaha to visit family.  It's funny, when I mentioned to my co-workers that I was flying to Omaha for the weekend, the general response was, "why the heck would you want to go there?".  Having never been there before, I could only respond that I was going to visit family.  After having been there though, I can now say that I truly love Omaha.  Oh how I would have loved to do some house crashing there; think gorgeous historic homes.

We stayed at the Hilton Omaha, which was a beautiful hotel.  It had a really nice bar (key) and our room overlooked the ballpark.  I really loved that downtown Omaha is clean and feels safe.  To get ourselves around, we rented a car that became a huge addition to the weekend (odd to say about a car). We ended up with a Fiat.


It was hilarious because Eric and I are not tiny people and we somehow ended up with the tiniest car on the lot.  I will say though, that it was perfect for our little weekend away and it was so much fun to drive.  We called it the "meep, meep".  Surprisingly enough, it was perfectly comfortable for just the two of us.

We generally just soaked up as much time as possible with family.  It was so nice and relaxing!



The weekend culminated with Eric and I becoming Godparents to our latest niece Adelaide!


It was such a wonderful weekend and refreshed us for the final push of finishing the bathroom, which is now done (posts to come soon).

We will be heading back to Omaha next month for the holidays and I can honestly say that I am thrilled to be heading back!

3 comments:

  1. We go through Omaha every time we head out to Iowa, we always say we want to take an extra day to explore, especially the zoo. But we do always stop at some foodie place for lunch...it's always been yummy! We'll be out in Iowa for Thanksgiving, maybe we should be meet for lunch in Omaha! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Forgot to say, glad you guys had fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tara- we will be in Iowa too. Afton I believe. You would be obsessed with the homes in Omaha (judging from Pinterest).

    ReplyDelete