Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Stitch Fix

We are taking a fashion detour today folks due to my recent discovery of Stitch Fix.  You see, I am the kind of person who likes to be somewhat fashionable, but hates shopping for clothes.  What shopping I do is typically online and is limited to a handful of the same stores- Ann Taylor Loft, Gap, Nordstroms. This has served me fine over the years, but after a recent closet inventory, I noticed that I am in a serious rut and am bored with my closet.

About three weeks ago, I was reading yet another blog post about how wonderful Stitch Fix is and decided to bite the bullet.  The results- I love it!  Here is how it works:

1.  You go to the Stitch Fix site, fill out a style questionaire and schedule your first "fix".  Each fix costs $20 which can be applied to any clothing that you decide to keep from the "fix".  You are sent five items to try on and to decide whether you would like to keep them or not.

2.  Upon deciding which items to keep or send back, you pack up the send back items (in a pre-paid shipping package Stitch Fix supplies) and send those items back to Stitch Fix.

3.  Yup, that is it.  Easy as pie.

My first "fix" came last week and I was actually so excited about it that I tracked the package and drove home over lunch one day to see my items.


The package included one necklace, two shirts, one pair of boot cut jeans and a dress.


Each item comes with these little cards for ideas on how to wear the garment.  It's like having a personal stylist.


Of course, I immediately started trying on.  


In the end, I was pretty amazed by how well everything fit.  I ended up just keeping the black shirt from the picture above.  I loved the zig-zag top, but it was a bit too short in the body for me (tall girl issues). So, I packaged everything I didn't want up and dropped it into the mail drop later that day.

In the end, I paid $20 for the order, but the shirt was $55, so my total came to $35+tax!  You also have the ability to craft the next order a bit and give commentary on items.  I specified that for the next order, I didn't need a dress but would like to see some fall tops and maybe a pair of skinny jeans.

If you interested, you can sign up here:
http://stitchfix.com/sign_up?referrer_id=3167170

Full disclosure- This post is not sponsored by Stitch Fix however, the link above gives me a referral credit if you choose to sign up.  The good news is that if you do sign up, they will also give you a link to share with friends and family to receive credit.

3 comments:

  1. Fun! What an interesting idea for those of who do not like to shop. Marietta

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun! An interesting idea. I'll check it out. Marietta

    ReplyDelete
  3. I should have said that I do not enjoy shopping unless it is for my nieces and nephews. I love shopping for kids clothes!

    ReplyDelete