Friday, August 30, 2013

To One Year

This Sunday marks Eric and my first anniversary!  One year of marriage may seem small to some (heck our parents have both been married for over forty years), but to us it is a very big deal.

Photo credit- http://jenna-noelle-weddings.com/
Eric and I searched for years to meet one another.  In an interesting twist of events, we met through eHarmony (it works!) only to discover that we lived eight miles from one another and frequented many of the same spots.  For me, it was love at second date.  In first date fashion, our initial meeting was slightly awkward, but intriguing.  On our second date though, we met at Salt in Boulder and I remember walking into the restaurant panning the room to see if I arrived first.  It was then that I did a double take due to an adorable guy at the bar with curly hair, holding a draft beer and smiling right at me.  Holy smokes was he cute!  That was it.  My life would forever be changed.

For the next 10 months, we were pretty much inseparable.  We got to know and fell in love with one anothers families, did some great traveling and started working on his home.

Costa Rica 
Summiting Quandary Peak 
 On November 11th, 2011, Eric proposed (he picked that date because he knew he would never forget 11/11/11).  Wahoo!!!

Photo credit- http://jenna-noelle-weddings.com/
I quickly began the wedding planning process and we set the date for September 1st, 2012 in Beaver Creek, CO.

Eric and I truly had our dream wedding.  We gave guests a taste of Colorado- beautiful fall mountain scenery, great food and an abundance of Colorado craft beers.


Marrying Eric was the best decision that I have ever made and I am so thankful that we found one another.

Italy- Sorrento 

Happy Anniversary Eric!  I love you and cannot wait to see what our future years together bring.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Melissa...thank you! I LOVED reading this post.

    ReplyDelete