Monday, June 3, 2013

The Deck is Done (Until Next Summer)

Hello and happy Monday to you!  Today I am jumping for joy because I can officially say that our deck is done!  Well, staining is anyway, and we are not messing with it again until next summer (at which time we may add a pergola).  If you remember, we have had quite the past couple of weeks battling our previous years bad stain job. With that lesson learned and behind us (I still have a nervous twitch when I talk about it), we were ready to get this thing done.

I should actually point out that I say that I listed some important deck lessons in previous posts, but the real lesson that I have learned from all of this is that Trex is worth every penny.  I will never again have a wood deck.  Eric doesn't fully agree with my stance, but he didn't do as much stripping and painting as I did.  We will see how he is feeling a couple of years from now.

Anyway, this is just a deck preview because the lighting was pretty bad yesterday and I want to photograph it in its fully glory.  Here is a sneak peak:


Ahhhh, nice even stain!  I will be back with a full recap later this week about our technique and the products that we used.  Hopefully, someone out there can learn from our mistakes.

Until then though, how about a little chicken and garden update?
The garden has taken off!


The peas are climbing!



And we have more lettuce then we know what to do with.


Speaking of growth, check out these chickens.


They look like real chickens now (imagine...)!


So, there you have it.  It was a weekend of staining, gardening.  See you again on Wednesday with a deck staining breakdown.

No comments:

Post a Comment