Tuesday, June 18, 2013

A Whirlwind Trip

A six day trip would not usually be what would be considered a whirlwind trip, but trust me, this felt like one.  My job (other than home improvement) as a Marketing Manager takes me all over the world setting up corporate events and trade show booths.  Last weeks trip to Washington D.C was my biggest trade show of the year and I am happy to say that I survived the planning process once again.  It is one of those things where I love planning/ organizing trade shows, but there are points when the stress levels get to be a bit much.  Needless to say, I am always relieved when the show close comes around.



While not able to sight-see too much, I did find a couple of great spots worth mentioning in D.C. I should also mention that this was not my first trip to D.C so I have already seen the obvious great tourist spots like the Capital, The White House, etc..  First up, some restaurant reviews!

Here in Colorado, we are land locked so anytime I go to the East Coast, seafood is in order.  One evening we ate at SeaCatch in Georgetown and it did not disappoint.  Located right on the canal in Georgetown, the restaurant had great views, interesting history and really great food.


Another great restaurant we visited was Proof.  Let me tell you, this place is now definitely in my top ten best restaurants that I have ever eaten at.


My starter was this Ahi Tuna Tartare and I could have just kept eating this all night long.  Sooo good.


Moral of the story- if you are ever in D.C., do not miss Proof.

One evening I was also lucky enough to run through the The National Museum of American History. We had about 45 minutes there before closing and tried to make the most of it.  My favorite part was an exhibition called The First Ladies.  It was dresses worn by Presidents wives all throughout history.  I was in heaven; I was born in the wrong era...


Although, I would have looked like a giant compared to these tiny little ladies.  Mary Todd Lincoln's dress on the left there was gorgeous.  It probably would have hit me just at my knee if I were to put it on though.

So, that concludes my sightseeing- told you it wasn't much.  The majority of the time, I was happy to get back to my room after a 10 hour day at the Convention Center and just relax.  Next year, I plan to make a bigger trip out of it all though.  The show will be in Los Angeles and Eric has already said, "we're going to Disneyland!".

No comments:

Post a Comment