Thursday, February 28, 2013

Sewing Sisters-in-Law!

A couple of weekends ago my sister-in-law Stephanie came up with the brilliant idea that we should take a "Learn to Sew" class together.  The class did not require that we have our own machine (they would supply them if needed) and it took place in an adorable shop called Fabricate

At $40.00 for a three hour class and the promise to walk away knowing the basics of using a sewing machine and making your own fancy pillow cover, I was sold!  I hadn't sewn since middle school home economics, but I was game to try and thank goodness that I did.


We got to pick our our own combination of three cotton fabrics (the hardest part of the class) and from there we were set to work.


We had such a great time and I am happy to report that Stephanie and I were the A+ students of the class.  Just check out this pillow case perfection.


Yes, I am aware that it is only a pillow case, but I love it and felt so accomplished!

So, what did we do with our new sewing knowledge?  Well, first we both went home and spent large sums of money on sewing machines.  Yup, we were sold on sewing!  I ordered this little beauty because it was the same machine that we used in class and it made me feel comfortable.


A couple of YouTube tutorials later and I have successfully threaded a bobbin and have it all ready to go!  The plan is to take one sewing class per month.  I expect that we will be experts in no time.  Haha, not really, but we are learning and having a great time along the way.

Thank you Stephanie!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, oh..the sewing bug! Amazing! There are so many decorating projects for the home...and the classes will probably help with inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that was strange. I just wrote an extremely long comment but after I clicked submit my comment didn't show up.
    Grrrr... well I'm not writing all that over again. Anyways, just wanted to say wonderful blog!


    Have a look at my page; football

    ReplyDelete